The Territorial police in KMP South, in close coordination with the Flying Squad have in custody, 5 additional notorious suspects, who were actively involved in the numerous murders of boda boda riders and the subsequent robberies of their motorcycles. The gang comprising of proclaimed offenders include;Tamale Aloysius alias Sekyewa Patrick, alias young Mulo; Senyonga Umar, Mubale Bob alias Musoga Ben, Bandiho Majidu alias Kagame and Mugisha John Bosco alias Mukiga.
The gang leader, Tamale Aloysius would plant his accomplices, at well surveiled locations, where they jointly attacked and killed the victims. On other occasions, the assailants would hire a boda boda rider whom they would attack and kill. Their victims were randomly selected.
In Makindye division, they have been linked to 6 murders of boda boda riders. These include;
- On the 21st, .January, 2019, they allegedly murdered, Nsubuga Abdallah, a boda boda rider at Kizungu zone and robbed his motorcycle.
- On 13th, March, 2019, they allegedly murdered, Galete Emmanuel, a boda boda rider at St Agnes, Salama road and robbed his motorcycle.
- On the 24th,April, 2019, while at Country Club, Makindye, they allegedly murdered, Damiano Sekalaba and robbed his motorcycle Reg No.UEW 256G.
- On the 29th, May, 2019, at Kanisa Zone Makindye, they participated in the murder of a boda boda rider [un indentified yet ] and robbed his motorcycle.
- On the 2nd, June, 2019, while at Makindye, they allegedly murdered Tom Malaba and robbed him of his motorcycle.
- And on the 3rd, June, 2019, at Waswa Zone, Makindye they murdered Nkata Godfrey and robbed his motorcycle.
The scenes were reconstructed for better proof of evidence and thereafter, the suspects transferred to Old Kampala Divisional Police Headquarters, where they are being linked, to an additional 5 cases of murder and related robberies including, the gruesome murder of Derrick Mulindwa, a boda boda rider, at Rubaga. The other 4 are being reconstructed as well.
Our teams in Kawempe and Mukono are also verifying their records for probable linkages to the criminal gang.
The prevailing facts clearly reveal how Aloysius Tamale the team leader, would identify new boda boda motorcycles for robbery. He also doubled as the marketeer, who sold the stolen motorcycles in Muganzirwaza , Nyanama and Mutundwe and the proceeds shared.
We are happy to inform the public that ever since the gang was arrested, there are no new incidents of boda boda robberies and related murders within the KMP area. The investigations into the murder of Mulindwa Derrick are progressively well, after fingerprints that were lifted on the deceased’s helmet matched those of Mugisha John Bosco. In addition, the clothes that the gang leader was putting on, a white shirt, while a pair of shorts and a white cap were recovered and are being submitted for further forensic analysis.
We want to thank our teams from KMP South, for the great teamwork and crucial coordination with the Flying Squad. Their operation to crack down on robbers who terrorise boda boda riders and on businessmen who deal in the stolen motorcycles, as well as spare parts, particularly in the areas of Muganzirwaza , Nyanama and Mutundwe , are still ongoing .
The team also arrested five (5) other suspects for being accessories after the fact of murders, after they wilfully facilitated the escape into hiding of Tamale Aloysius alias Young Mulo. These include Kimirire John, Kawooya Robert who transported him around from his sisters’ place in Nabusanke village to the witchdoctor in Bukalango, Nakanjako Viola a sister who was nursing his wounds, Yiga Dan the witchdoctor and Ali Wetule his assistant.
As we further with the operation, we do call upon anyone with information supporting the operation to call police at KMP south on0715986952 or Flying Squad on 0711042384 and pass it over in confidence.
CP Enanga Fred
22nd July 2019