We wish to inform the public that the police is seeking to recruit 1000 Probation Police Constables (General and 150 Probation Police Constables, (Drivers). Applications are therefore, invited from interested candidates before the deadline of 18.06.2022, which should be submitted at the respective District/Divisional Police Headquarters. The applicantions shall be transferred to Police Headquarters, Naguru, where a short list of successful candidates, shall be processed and published for interviews, that will be mentioned at a later date.
All interested candidates for Probationer Police Constables (General) and for PPC/Drivers, are advised to read and acquaint themselves with the minimum eligibility criteria before they apply. As a reminder those applying for Probationer Police Constable (General) must;
– Possess a maximum academic qualification of UCE (O’Level Certificate) or its equivalent of not below 2019, with at least 4 credits including English and Mathematics.
– Be within the age bracket of 18-23.
– UCE holders of 2018 and below should not apply.
– Those who possess qualifications above UCE or its equivalent should NOT apply.
– Be a Ugandan citizen with a Valid National ID (NIN).
– Have no criminal record.
– Be ready to undertake the requisite twelve months Police Basic Training Course.
– Be physically fit.
– Ready to work long hours and at times under difficult conditions.
– Be ready to serve in any part of the country.
– Possess good communication skills.
– Must not be a former or serving officer in any of the forces.
Those applying for the position of PPC/Drivers must in addition to the above;
– Have a valid Permit with at least 3 years driving experience, for that particular class.
– Must be within the respective age bracket of the respective classes.
All handwritten applicants must be addressed to the IGP and accompanied by;
– Certified copies of Academic documents
– Photocopy of the National ID.
– Photocopy of the ID of the previous schools attended.
– 3 recent Passport Photographs
– A recommendation letter from the LCI, LCIII and RDC of the respective district of recruitment.
– All the documents should be in a file folder and delivered to the Police District/Divisional Headquarters not later than 18.06.2022.
– Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for interviews on the dates to be communicated.
We wish to remind all applicants and the general public that the process of recruitment is by rule and merit. Therefore, all applicants are warned against issuing bribes or male attempts to influence the recruitment process through politicians, middlemen, intermediary agents, unscrumptious people or police officers. Any applicants found personating or presenting any forged testimonials or other forged documents, shall immediately be arrested and prosecuted in courts of law.
CP Enanga Fred
6th June 2022