Following intelligence information about suspected stolen motor vehicles from different parts of the country, change their identity and taken to Mbale,Busia and Kenya.Our crime intelligence team under GEF: 008/2018 started an operation to crack down the vice which led to the recovery of 20 motor vehicles, 2 motor cycles and 16 people arrested.
The operation which was in phases was carried out in areas of Iganga; Mbale other parts of eastern Uganda and Kampala.
In Mbale town, the operation team managed to recover six suspected stolen vehicles and four suspects netted in connection to motor vehicle theft.
On 8th November 2018 the team further continued in the eastern areas of Uganda where three motor vehicles were recovered in Iganga, four recovered in Mbale district and four suspects arrested.
On the same night of 8th November 2018, an operation was carried out in Kampala eight motor vehicles and 8 suspects arrested in connection with the theft of the motor vehicles.
A similar operation was carried out in Luwero were we managed to arrest two suspectsand have been charged of theft of Motor Vehicle.
Efforts are being made to fill police form 28 ( to ascertain the particulars of the registered owners of the recovered motor vehicles, tracing where the jurisdiction of the offences were committed, before handing them over to respective stations for further management.
Below is list of recovered motor vehicles and motor cycles
- Mark II Grade white in color numberless, chassis No. GX115-6000765 ENG. No. IG-FE1988 but already tampered with.
- RV4 white in color numberless, chassis No. SXAII-061735 ENG. No. 35-FE1998
- Toyota Vitz Reg. No. UAR 818S pink in color, chassis No. and Eng No. removed and can’t be read
- Noah Reg. No. UAU 040K black in color
- Premio reg. No. UAL 374V Silver in color
- Pajero Reg. No. UAQ 582V White in color
- Toyota G-Touring UAH 600M silver grey
- Toyota Corona Reg. No. UAH 615Q black in color
- Ipsum Reg. No. UAQ 548F silver grey
- Nissan van Reg. No. UAN 818Y white in color
- RAv4 Reg. No. UAJ 645J black in color
- Toyota Corona Reg. No. UAF 410S dark green in color (handed over at Budaka police station for safe custody)
- Spacio Reg. No. UAM 055J blue in color
- Harrier Kawuno Reg. No. UBB 519Z white in color
- Subaru Reg. No. UBA 843P silver in color
- Rav4 Reg. No. UAN 636Q silver in color
- Toyota Wish Reg. No. UBA 045E silver in color
- Toyota Premio Reg. No. UAX 855B silver in color
- Toyota corona UAN 901V dark green in color
- Toyota corona UAL 607K dark green in color
- Toyota premio Reg. No. UAT 538Z silver grey in color
- Motor cycle Reg. No. UDQ 459T DT white In color and UDF 977J Kinetic white in color
Arrested suspects include
- Sekaingo Moses Resident of Bulenga Nankuwadde
- Sempala Peter Resident of Bulenga Kikaya
- Khauka Siraji Resident of Mukono Zone 3 Iganga
- Mukwaya Hassan Resident of Kasokoso Iganga District
- JumaKisule Resident of Nabidoma Kasokoso Iganga
- KazibaDavda Resident of Kasol-Kibulamagi Iganga Distirict
- MugambaBashir of Namakweke Mbale
- BumaliMuyimaSalongo Resident of Doko Mukoho Mbale
- Kakoza Joseph
- Kafero Stephen
- Kanga Badru
- Acidribo Sunday
- Feni Benerd
- Jumba Hassan
- Makabugo Aroni Resident of Wamanga Village Wobulenzi
- Mubiru Rogers of Wampanga Village.
SP Vicent Ssekate
15th November 2018