We would like to inform the public that the 2nd batch of recruitment of 5000 police recruits has commenced today 7/09/2020. Applications are therefore, invited from interested candidates beginning 7th September 2020 till the 19th September 2020, and should be submitted at the respective District/Divisional Police Headquarters. The applications shall be transferred to Police Headquarters where a shortlist of successful candidates shall be processed and published for interviews at a date that will be released later.
This new batch of officers forms part of the recruitment of 10000 new police officers which was launched in August 2019, as part of the police uplift program. It is our determination therefore, to continue with our planned programs despite the difficult Covid-19 climate. The 1st batch of new officers was successfully passed out, Covid-19 free on the 21/08/2020
All interested applicants are advised to read and acquaint themselves with the minimum eligibility criteria before they apply. As a reminder they must;
- Possess a maximum academic qualification of UCE Certificate (O’level) or its equivalent with at least 4 credits including English and at least a pass in mathematics. Those who possess qualifications above UCE should NOT
- Be a Ugandan Citizen Valid National ID (NIN)
- Have no criminal record
- Be ready to undertake the requisite twelve months Police Basic Training Course.
- Be physically fit
- Ready to work long hours and at times under difficult conditions.
- Be ready to work in any part of the country.
- Possess good communication skills
- Must not be a former serving officers in any of the Forces.
HOW TO APPLY
- Hand written applications addressed to the IGP accompanied by
- Certified copies of Academic documents
- Photocopy of the National ID
- Photocopy of the ID of the previous schools attended.
- 3 recent Passport size photographs
- Recommendation letters from LCI, LCII, LCIII and RDC (from the respective districts of recruitment).
- All in the file folder which should be delivered to the Police District/Divisional Headquarters not later than 19/09/2020.
- Only shortlisted Candidates shall be invited from interviews on dates to be communicated.
We would like to further reiterate that the police is on equal opportunities employer and the process of recruitment is by rule and merit. The effective recruitment into the force is subject to successful completion of the initial training.
Therefore, all applicants are warned against giving bribes or make attempts to influence the recruitment process through politicians, unscrupulous people, intermediary agents or policemen.
The public should know that being a police officer is more than a career, but a noble calling. Any persons found to be giving false promises must be reported to the nearest police station, PSU or other Anti-Corruption Agency for investigation.
CP FRED ENANGA
PRESS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
UGANDA POLICE FORCE
2 thoughts on “POLICE COMMENCES 2ND BATCH OF RECRUITMENT FOR PPCs”
If i have interest to join Uganda police as me who is a clinician am I not allowed to apply
This phase of recruitment is only for PPCS (those with O.LECEL CERTIFICATE