Between 2009 to 2013, cases of child sacrifice have been on the increase. In the year 2013 itself, ten (10) children were sacrificed in Uganda.
This trend calls for vigilance on the part of the public and the police to safeguard our children.
The police therefore has deemed it necessary that during the police centenary celebrations, protection of children and other persons from trafficking and sacrifice take centre stage and the fight strengthened to combat these crimes.
• Lonely walkers
• Children left at home alone
• Children going home after school
• Students seeking study opportunities abroad plus scholarships
• Drug traffickers
• Ransom seekers
• Child traffickers
• Revenge seekers
• Therefore, all those seeking for study opportunities and scholarships should first seek clarity from the Ministry of Education and Sports.
• Victims should straight away report to the police station nearest to them immediately.
• Children should not be sent to wells, shops or to go to school at late hours alone.
• Children should be encouraged not to accept lifts or gifts from strangers.
A list of licensed companies for work opportunities abroad may be found at the police stations especially around Kampala.
Ag. Press and Public Relations
24th May 2014