Easter holidays was celebrated peacefully across the country with few incidents. The calmness of the security situation in the country is attributed to the vigilance of the security agencies and adequate deployment of our personnel in strategic black spots and the publics’ general vigilance that made it difficult for criminals to carry out evil activities.
The few incidents that we registered are as follows:
Death by drowning 01
Suspected by poisoning 02
Death by Lightening 01
- Robbery of cash reported at Milembili round about, Jinja town, Mafubira subcounty in Jinja District. The incident happened on 29/3/2018 at 2200hrs, one Kuko Betty f/a 28 years old a Businesswoman and a resident of the above address while on her way back home, she was attacked by three men armed with AK 47 riffles jumped into her vehicle and robbed her of her money worth 1.6 million and three I phones valed at 1.8m after robbing her they abandoned her along Iganga –Jinja highway.
- Robbery of cash at Ntusi Trading center in Ntusi sub county in Ssembabule district. Unidentified thugs armed with pangas and hummers attacked the home of Nantongo Sofia and Byamughisha where they robbed them 450,000/ and two phones. Then they proceeded to Ntusi trading center and robbed Kazungu Nathan and his wife unspecified amount of money and two phones. Two suspect have been arrested in connection to this robbery
- Aggravated Robbery reported at Migongwe T/C along Mubende Fortportal highway in Kyegegwa district. On 31/3/2018 one Kabuya Denis and two others travelling in yet unidentified M/V carrying mattresses from Kampala to Fortaportal were stopped and robbed money worth 387,000/=, two phones by two thugs armed with Ak 47
Kidnap of a pupil reported at Buyende Police. On 30/3/2018 at 0930/c one Masitula went to Nabirumba Primary School and picked a pupil one Nabalanda Fatima aged 9 years to be taken to Irapa village in Buyende district on their way Masitula diverted the pupil to Kamuli town and booked a lodge at Adams road and demanded the parents of the pupil a ramson of 4million.
Suspected Food poisoning
Two people died after eating suspected food poisoning reported at Pajeri village Pawachi parish, Atiak Sub County in Amuru district. On the 31/3/2018 at 1100/c one Akello Mary aged 57 years prepared food for family members and they ate but on 01/4/2018, Akello Mary and her son Oloyo Walter aged 24 years were found dead . the husband Otim Charles aged 55 years and their son Ochaya David were taken to Lacor hospital for treatment. The bodies were taken to the same hospital for PM.
Death by lightening
Death by lightening reported at Bukasere A Village Bukatube Sub county in Mayuge district. On 01/4/2018 at 1400hrs at the above address three people striked to death by lighening and three others were injured and rushed to Mayuge health center III for treatment. Its alleged that the three came from Sugar cane cutting when it started raining they decided to take shlter at Ohut Primary school where they striked by lightening . Identified as Munilu 50 years, Mutebi Rashid 27 and Okwere 16 years.
Fatal accident reported at Maya London college along Kampala Masaka Highway in Mpigi district. On 1/4/2018 at the above place M/v reg. UAH 324C Isuzu Forward white in colour and UBB 261H mark II Silver grey overturned several times killing four occupants on spot.
- The driver of MV reg. UBB 261H one Richard aged 29 years
- Sandra Salwango F/a 20 years
- Shamyim Nakimuli aged 19 years R/O Gazo
- A Police Officer D/AIP Mwesigye Hannington Robert attached to Crime Intellgence Kabalagala. The driver of the Forward is on the run.
Fatal accident reported at Nabiswa t/C along Trinyi Mbale H/way in Kibuuku district. On 31/32018 at 0720hrs at the above place M/V UBB 548B Toyota Hiace white blue strips with two occupants driven by one Mawanda Ramazathan RO Budaka TC Budaka district knocked and injured one Kideke Anthony 45 years a RO Bukabulino village Nabiswa subcounty kibuuku district who later died on reaching the hospital Mbale. Drive of the MV arrested.
Death by drowning
Death by drowning reported at Kagoromoro landing site in Wakiso district. On 30/3/2018 at 0300hrs there was death by drowning of two people in lake Victoria.its alleged that the deceased had gone for fishing amidst heavy storms and their boat was leaking, when they tried to return to the site their boat capsized. Identified as Jamal 28 RO of Bulega village katabi TC and Jaga 27.
Murders were reported in the districts of Bududa, Busia,Kyotera,Kotido, Bukwo, Kampala, Adjumani and Kabong. The rest of the country remained calm.
We want to advise event’s organisers that when organising these functions whatever small it may be, inform us in advance and we plan for it together . There are reports that people attacked at Munyonyo on Easter Sunday, true small people attacked and their phones stolen but the blame goes to the organisers who didn’t inform us about their program. Munyonyo is a high class place but we here that the entry few was put at 3,000/ and these gave chance to everybody to enter. When the situation went out of hand that is when they inform us and we contained the situation. They claim that they had their own security but this was not right we own forces that would provide security.
Suspected netted within Kampala during the holidays were…..
Most these were arrested while pick pocking, snatching phones,
They are being screened.
Uganda Police Force
Public Relations Office
3rd April 2018