The Territorial Police of Kumi District last Night carried out an operation and arrsted 24 suspects who were found drinking and dancing in a bar of one Apedun Marion based at Northern Division within Kumi Municipality.
They have have been charged Vide CRB 229/29/2020 with Negligence act likely to cause the spread of infectious disease to wit COVID-19 Pandemic contrary to Section 171 of the Penal Code Act.
The suspects arrested are;.
1. Obwanga Samuel 29yrs, Veterinary Officer, Kumi subcounty
2. Emuria Stephen 38yrs, Internal Auditor, Kumi Municipality.
3. Olupot Emmanuel 39 yrs, an Engineer, Kumi Municipality
4. Odeke Emmanuel 42yrs, a Teacher of Ngora High School.
5. Okanya Benard 38yrs, Civil servant, Kumi Municipality.
6. Kuwen Moris 30yrs. The police is still hunting for the owner of the Bar who managed to escape and are engaging the Municipal authority to have the licence of the above bar withdrawn upon conclusion of investigations.
The detectives are actively preparing their case file and soon will be forwarded to RSA for perusal and legal guidence.
As the Police, we would like to reemphasize that people should not undermine the government and Ministry of health guidelines which have not yet been uplifted regarding the fight against COVID-19 Pandemic. The police shall continue implementing the guidelines which are still in place and those found non compliant shall always be apprehended and charged.
Report compiled by
ASP ONGOM DAVID MUDONG,
PRO EAST KYOGA